Northwest Baptist Convention

Who We Are
Our Vision

Our Vision
Our Mission
Our Core Values
Our Initiatives
Cooperative Program

A Common Call


The Northwest Baptist Convention will be an expanding, vibrant network of cooperating congregations that will draw people toward Jesus Christ through life-changing ministries.


Our mission is to encourage and empower the churches of the Northwest Baptist Convention toward a spiritual vitality that results in a growing Gospel witness and in the continuous planting of healthy, reproducing new churches.


Leadership and Service
Creativity and Excellence
Inclusion and Cooperation
Urgency and Faith


Develop effective evangelistic methodologies to penetrate the diverse cultures of the Northwest.
Start healthy, reproducible churches. 
Strengthen churches. 
Increase the utilization of volunteers. 
Provide quality leadership development opportunities.

The Cooperative Program is an agreement among Southern Baptists churches, Baptist state and regional conventions like the Northwest Baptist Convention, and the Southern Baptist Convention to work together in Great Commission ministries.

It is a financial channel of cooperation through which mission dollars are combined into a unified budget supporting the Southern Baptist missionary, education, and benevolent ministries in each state, the nation, and throughout the world.

The Cooperative Program makes it possible for individuals and churches to do something about fulfilling the Great Commission (Matt. 28:19-20) across the street and around the world.

Through the Cooperative Program, the mission of a single church is extended to ministries for the needy, the sick, the aged, and the lost, as well as the support of about 12,000 North American and international missionaries.

Each local church decides what percentage of its undesignated offerings will be shared through the Cooperative Program. These funds are then sent weekly or monthly to the Northwest Baptist Convention offices in Vancouver, WA.

The NWBC then distributes Cooperative Program dollars received from Northwest churches according to the budget adopted by messengers at the NWBC annual meeting. This budget divides Cooperative Program dollars between Pacific Northwest ministries and Southern Baptist Convention ministries, including the Pacific Northwest campus of Golden gate Baptist Theological Seminary, located in Vancouver, WA.

Currently, 68 percent of Cooperative Program dollars remains in the Northwest for regional missions and ministries and the remaining 32 percent is forwarded for world mission causes and the seminary’s regional campus.

The 68 percent of Cooperative Program funds kept in the Northwest are used to support the shared ministries of the NWBC and its related associations, as well as the Northwest Baptist Foundation.

Church starting, church health, leadership development and missions education all are Cooperative Program ministries of NWBC.

Half of the Cooperative Program gifts sent to the SBC support the work of the International Mission Board. The North American Mission Board receives an additional 22.8 percent for ministry in the United States and Canada. The remaining CP dollars go to support six seminaries and other ministries of the SBC.